Titan Shield

Twohey’s Still Serving at Current Spot

A last-minute agreement means the beloved diner will be at it's current location until new store opens up.

The fact that Twohey’s, that iconic Alhambra diner, has been granted a reprieve on its ouster is not causing students to lament less on it’s loss. It was slated to shutter the doors of its long-time home at the intersection of Huntington and Atlantic boulevards, but at the last hour both parties agreed to go month-to-month until Twohey’s can open its new location at the old Carmine’s site on Fair Oaks Avenue, according to an employee.

At it’s current spot since 1951, the final move should happen in about three months, the employee said.

Extra time to order favorite dishes such as Curry Clam Chowder, the Original Stinko Burger, or its Chorizo and Eggs plates has been eliciting a phalanx of emotions from students.

“Hearing this news brings sadness to my heart,” junior at San Marino High School, Michael Baldocchi, said. “The amount of late meals that I have eaten there will always be remembered. They are also one of the only restaurants in San Marino that makes a good breakfast.”

Twohey’s has already opened a new restaurant called “Twohey’s Tavern”, a modern take on the iconic diner, on Foothill. Although the Tavern will not be exactly the same as the original Twohey’s, the new restaurant still serves a new take on the Stinko.

“Twoheys has been a part of my life here at San Marino since I was born,” said senior Juno Stilley, alluding to the fact that servers have watched her grow from infant to teenager. “The diner has provided me so many memories with my friends and family from childhood till now. Even though the diner is only changing locations, it will never be the same as the Twohey’s I’m so familiar with.”

The new location will be a 6-minute, almost two-mile drive.

“I’m extremely sad that the restaurant is leaving San Marino,” said senior Jeffrey McDaniel. Twoheys has been a place that my family and I have been going to for years, and I love the food there. I will miss the restaurant greatly, but I’m glad to hear they are just changing locations, rather than shutting down completely.”