The student news site of San Marino High School

Titan Shield

Varsity Football vs Bell Gardens

The+Varisty+Titan+football+team+creates+a+wall+of+defense+against+Bell+Gardens.++
The Varisty Titan football team creates a wall of defense against Bell Gardens.

Blake Pak

Blake Pak

Michael Baldocchi, Reporter

The San Marino High School varsity football team extended their win streak to 4 games with a 30-6 win against Bel Gardens High School on September 22.  

The Titans who are 4-1 continued their hot streak by leading the entire game and allowing only one touchdown in the first quarter.  

San Marino’s defense has shown dominance throughout the season, giving up 9.5 points on average each game.  Not only has the Titans defense been on fire, but San Marino’s offense has been absolutely magnificent averaging 38.8 points per game.  

“Our defense played again,” praised head coach Mike Hobbie. “Except for a few instances, our defense played excellent.”  Hobbie has been very content with his defense all season and expects them to continue this same style of play once league starts.  

Blake Pak
Quarterback Blake Cabot sneakily passes the ball to his teammates early in the game.

Beau Hobbie led San Marino’s offense, running for 237 yards on 23 carries and three touchdowns. Senior quarterback Blake Cabot tallied a solid 135 yards on 23 carries, and 141 yards on 8 receptions with a long of 71 yards to Junior receiver Jacob Leftwhich.

Hobbie and Cabot now hold the number one and two places of total rushing yards, total points, and touchdowns in the Rio Hondo league.  

“[Hobbie] is a very talented player,” said Cabot. “When I see him run for routes or receive a handoff, it is all very precise and beautiful to watch.”  

San Marino begins league play this Friday against rival La Canada and hopes to continue their hot streak and tally their fifth consecutive win.

Blake Pak
Beau Hobbie, Junior running back, pushes off the Bell Gardens defense.